When it comes to the security of a company, internal threats cause more lasting damage than external ones. Internal threats are the staff people who wrong the company by selling/leaking its delicate private information like business strategy, business rules, important deals, and quotations on projects. Precisely, anything and everything that can affect the growth and profit of a company is sensitive information. Which is why, as a business owner, you should rely on buying the professional services offered by third party investigating firms like Aequitask. It is the only way to make your employees from all the departments, especially HR and finance, aware that they are being monitored.
Types of Internal Investigations
Internal investigations are primarily of two kinds, listed below.
- Workplace Investigation – Workplace investigation is a service that employers can gift their employees with. Workplace investigators keep a vigil eye on all kinds of activities going around in the office space that might lead to or might be a result of discrimination and harassment. When employees are being watched, the chances of escape are narrow. It makes workplace safer and cheerful.
- Corporate Investigation – Corporate investigation is a gift for the companies since the role of corporate investigators is to catch the staff and management members who might be leaking the company’s information to rivals. The most sensitive information rests with the HR department and the finance department. Which is why there are specific subcategories referred to as HR investigation and finance investigation.
How Does Internal Investigation Help Businesses?
Internal investigation can benefit your company in a lot of ways. Some of the best ones are listed below.
- Internal investigators handle the cases of legal violation of NDA clauses and collect information against the accused person(s) to make a strong case.
- Internal investigators are vigilant against money laundering and data theft, as they are potentially the two strongest ways of causing serious losses to your business.
- HR investigation comes in handy wherever hiring discrimination is concerned. The discrimination can be based of favoring personal contacts, demanding for sexual favors or bribes in lieu of a promotion, and much more.
- Internal investigation can also help you in finding out stronger ways to reduce corruption, inventory shrinkage, as well as accounting violations and embezzlement.
On a closing note, internal investigators can also help you make a strong case against companies that throw false accusations against your business, leading to losses.